So.. as promised, here’s his sneaker interview!
- First sneakers you ever bought?
Wow that’s a hard one to remember. I think I saved up for some Black Jordan 1′s when I was about 10 or 11. Or maybe some L.A. Gears. I loved them!
- Is there a particular sneaker that sticks out from your youth?
I used to skate (board) a lot and one shoe that always stuck in my head was the Koston 1 by ES. I know it’s not your traditional sneaker but that shoe probably got me started onto the whole sneaker tip. Every colour way was so good!
-Did you own them?
I had 6-7 pairs. Skated to death though.
- What’s your favourite pair of sneakers of all time and why?
Probably the vans syndicate W-TAPS series. Super clean, comfortable and not too flashy.
- Do you have a pair of kicks in your collection that you don’t wear very often and why?
There are a few, but I would say the Undefeated Dunks. I think they are a great shoe and colours are killer but as I get older I found myself going towards a more toned down, traditional option.
- Staple everyday pair in your collection and why?
Vans era, black. I’m a big big fan because it sits well with everything I wear and they look even better when they get trashed.
- Is there a particular style that you keep re-buying? eg: Mine is the AM90 and AM1.
I keep buying Adidas Campus. Back in the day I didn’t even clock them but I love the shape. Slim, low and again some great colours.
- Beaters or best for raves?
Back to the Era’s I’d say.
- Furthest you’ve ever gone to get a pair?
I haven’t ever really done the waiting in line thing. I remember waiting in line to get the Puma x Sneaker Freaker “Blaze of Glory” but I was there for about 15 minutes. In and out.
- Latest purchase?
I got 2 pairs of Huf Vans Old Skool from your fella. One black and one red.
- Best sneaker experience?
Being invited to NIKE TOWN in Oxford Street to exhibit my work.
- Worst sneaker experience?
Getting paint on my Jordan’s.
- Any new releases you’ve got your eye on?
Yes! I am waiting for the New Asics Gel Lyte iii from Ronnie Fieg. I haven’t seen anything that fresh in a long time!
- Favourite sneaker stores?
Have to give mad love to the people at Foot Patrol. I like what they do!
- Ever thought of putting your art work on a pair of sneakers?
I’m not sure. I have never been a big fan of “customising” sneakers (props to people that do) but for me I like things kept simple.